Best tech podcasts
Last updated: March 11, 2022
Listed alphabetically, here are our favorite tech podcasts, all independent of corporate money:
• Big Tech, hosted by Taylor Owen, from Canada-based CIGI (the Centre for International Governance Innovation). Since fall 2019.
• Soonish, hosted by independent journalist Wade Roush. Since January 2017.
• Team Human, hosted by Douglas Rushkoff. Since summer 2016.
• Tech Won't Save Us, hosted by Paris Marx (Canadian PhD student in Auckland, New Zealand). Since spring 2020.
• Techtonic, hosted by Mark Hurst, broadcast by New Jersey-based WFMU. Since fall 2017.
Full disclosure: Hurst is also the creator of Good Reports.
• This Machine Kills, hosted by Jathan Sadowski (researcher at Monash University in Australia, also interviewed on Techtonic) and Edward Ongweso (DC-based reporter for VICE). Many episodes are fully available only with a paid Patreon subscription. Since summer 2020.
• Surveillance and the City, produced by the Surveillance Technology Oversight Project (STOP), cofounded by Albert Fox Cahn and Liz O'Sullivan. (Seems to be on hiatus since March 2021.)
• We Don't Stream, hosted by James Mullarkey (who's also mentioned in Best web browser). Since June 2020. (On hiatus since July 2021.)
Alternative Internet providers
Remove your info from data brokers
Cancel your Amazon Prime account
Available to Creative Good members:
🔒 LED bulbs: challenges and purchase guide
To get access, join Creative Good.
Show your support of Good Reports.
We have no paywall for our recommendations, because we're passionate about sharing them. But it's expensive to create and maintain the site.
Please pitch in so that we can keep Good Reports going.